True stories from this week:
- I cannot get my son to stop saying, “Poopy butt.”
- There is a warning label on my jar of peanut butter that reads, “Contains peanuts.” What does this say about us, folks?
- I finally saw The Hunger Games. I never read the books. The movie was fair. Good acting, cool storyline, blah feeling. I should have been way more invested. I don’t like it when there are holes the size of the one in the sock I’m wearing: the competitors (“tributes”) are warned that most will die of exposure or starvation or something. Not one actually does. Also, in a fight-to-the-death storyline, which is intriguing enough by itself, how annoying is it that those guys in control create dog-beasts to kill off contestants? Just leave well enough alone. (As a writer, I understand how hard that is, though. SO much easier to be a critic.)
And last but not least:
- I was nominated for two blogging awards. Pretty cool. In addition to the Kreativ Blogger, which I posted about earlier this week, Book Marks nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. To know there are people out there reading my blog who are not my mother and liking it enough to say so publicly makes me very happy. Book Marks, you and Eva Rieder have given me a nice lift as I head to my first writers conference and agent meeting next week… Thank you, Book Marks!
- Meet: Kreativ Me (jessicavealitzek.com)