No. They don’t.
But my husband had a business trip, and my friend and her husband were going to be there, so I figured if I’m gonna do it, I might as well do it when I don’t have to pay for a hotel room. I had a great time – but then again, I hardly left the pool. The few times I ventured out, Vegas lived up to my low expectations.
The following things about Vegas were not cool:
- The amount of casinos.
- The huge hallways and lobbies that make you feel like you’re in a shopping mall at all times.
- There are parts of Vegas that don’t make you feel like you’re in a shopping mall, but do you really want to hang out at Chuck E. Cheese?
- The carpet in the casinos.
- The Ice Bar. I’m from Chicago. If I wanted to pay $35 to slip on a blue lab coat and drink in the freezing cold with other people who look like lab techs, I’d…. I don’t know. I’d never do it. I’m still not sure why I did it in Vegas.
Those who know me know there aren’t a lot of things I dislike more than gambling, flashing lights accompanied by loud spastic noises, and shopping malls. So, Vegas really never had a chance with me. But there were a few things I liked:
- I did not come across one person who seemed to hate their job. The staff everywhere we went were simply awesome.
- The weather. They don’t make clouds in Vegas. Though they do make air that is strikingly similar to a hot iron.
- The Four Seasons. Complimentary frozen Snickers by the pool? Um, okay I’ll marry you.
- Todd English P.U.B. Good food and beer. And of course, awesome service.
- Joe Montana. My friend and I had a movie moment when we ran toward the elevator yelling, “Hold the door!” He did, and when we stepped in, he smiled and made polite conversation. I almost asked for his autograph as he left. I’m glad I didn’t, because I was positive I’d just been chatting with Joe Namath.
- Dave Chappelle. We ran across him several times in our hotel. I thought he looked too buff to be Dave Chappelle, but when we finally heard him speak to the guy he was with, there was no doubt. I didn’t talk to him, but he’s just cool and he was in Vegas, so…he makes the list.