Happy Publication Day!
- Today, at long last, about three years after I started writing, is publication day for The Rooms Are Filled. The book is available everywhere books are sold, like here and here and here. If you’re game, please share this news with your friends, family, and book clubs today. There are some easy sharing buttons below.
- Here’s an inside peek into the life of this writer on pub morning: I’ve just dropped my children off at school, I’ve poured a cup of coffee and am considering a shower, and then I shall figure out how and whether I can add photos to my newsletter emails. Then, I will pick my children up.
- I also have the first chapter of the book up on JukePop Serials — you know, the old-fashioned way of publishing. If you’re interested in reading a bit before you buy, click HERE.
- *TONIGHT*: Google Hangout at 7pm Central. It’s online, so grab a drink, put on your pajamas, turn on your computer, and join us! My two friends will be interviewing me live. We’ll chat about the book, writing it as an at-home mom, and publishing. Please click HERE for details.
- I am getting wonderful feedback about the book (and not just from people who love me). Feedback like this:
“The only other book I remember reading in 2 days was The Poisonwood Bible. I’m generally distractible, but I couldn’t put this down.”
“It was as good as any of the books I’ve read recently — and I mostly only read books on the top seller lists because I never know where to look for recommendations. In other words, there could be room on those shelves for you. It stayed with me long after putting it down and I can’t wait to read your next one.”
“A painful read but one anyone who has ever been on the outside can relate to. Beautiful.”
I wrote a book I’m proud of, and I’m enjoying the ride. Thanks for being a part of it.
PS. On to Minneapolis! See where else I’m headed HERE. And let me know if you have friends there I should invite!